In 2014 Allevo started publishing the FinTP Project into the open source space and founded an association called FINkers United to act as a space for the community of FinTech experts who share the same set of values. More on www.fintp.org.
Since FinTP is a product meant for a strictly regulated market, we intend to control its progress and development, while allowing free contributions from any member of the community. As a result, FINkers United has rules and governance. The association is responsible for governance and strategic moves.
Participants become members of a club unified by the mutual interest of pushing the FinTech interoperability level to the next stage, while enabling TCO reduction for financial institutions who use FinTP.
The community structure comprises three main entities:
1. The adopters: consumer companies choosing to adopt the FinTP product in compliance with the community line of business and ethical conduct.
2. The moderator and leading entity: the instrumental inspirational authority, expected to draw both the development vision and the guidelines of the community.
3. The contributors:
- institutionalized bodies, such as development and maintenance, test and validation, audit, legal, marketing
- independent contributors, such as ISVs, solution providers, integrators or passionate developers/individuals.
The FinTP community is governed by the following set of principles:
- Openness. Full and free access to the community release.
- Inclusion. Everybody is welcome to share and contribute.
- “Upstream first” philosophy. The primary goal is to get the upstream project to adopt most of the contributions.
- Scalability. The development of one feature does not have a negative impact on the rest of the application.
- Freedom of personal choice.
- Dynamic decision making structure.
- A secure collaborative environment for users and contributors.
Allevo, as the initiator, undertakes the role of the Moderator, fully supporting all processes and activities until the community becomes self-sustaining. A new moderator is expected to take over this role when the community starts expanding.
The FinTP.org website.
The FINkers United for Dummies brochure.